Thursday, March 24, 2011

tremendous thursday



I love this one … thanks again Krista
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.
The amount of work is the same.
~ Carlos Castaneda
so true xo

Things I love today

   My new [short] haircut
               Sitting on the patio
               Netti pot
               The squirrels moving back outside from their winter home in my attic
               Water
               Tay’s coffee pot
               Sharp scissors
               Glue sticks
               Sunshine
               Buttons


A bit of stress this morning – when I went to get a cup of coffee to find that it wasn’t made … coffee maker bit the dust. Grrr. Coffee maker and router in the same week.
How grateful I am today [and everyday] that Taylor lives right next door … ran over, borrowed the coffee maker … nice. Thank you thank you.

Week 3 – fun times with veggie growing

I am really excited to share new veggie photos with you. This week has been amazing for all of those little guys trying to grow up to the sun. We have had perfect weather everyday.
Plenty of sunshine. I still have all of the pots [now 50+] perched on the front lawn … the best sun all day long.
I water them early in the morning and again in the evening. Many of them are yelling ‘get me into the real ground’, though I am hesitant. I think I will keep them safely growing in their little pots until we are as close to certain as we can be that Spring is here to stay.

 basil
cherry tomatoes
 cucumbers
dill - peeking through a tad
 mixed greens
 little bits of parsley
 spearmint
tomatoes
 yellow squash
zucchini 

Sunday I will begin to prepare the garden space for planting. I am so grateful for the larger garden. It is going to be perfect; adorned with my new signs. Even if my ‘self-sufficient’ experiment fails, it will be a pretty garden. Ha.
I have been visualizing how my new back yard will look in a couple of months … can’t wait to get started on it.


Most of what is growing here in my yard now I will leave. With the exception of digging up my two rose bushes and transplanting them in the new yard. Last year was the first time I ever got roses to really bloom beautifully. Don’t want to lose those bushes. I hope they take well to being forced to move. We shall see.

I do get passionate about stuff and often get carried. I have decided to add fruits to my gardening experiment. I don’t know much about growing fruit – well, last year I did do fairly well with my one strawberry pot. I have been collecting pear seeds and I have lemon and lime seeds ready. I planted lemon seeds last year – they haven’t come up yet … not sure if they are planning to, and I am going to give it another shot. Would like a blueberry bush, maybe other berries, too. Everyone says growing avocados is challenging. I love a challenge – so I am going to give that a try too … Who knows, if this experiment of mine goes well, I could feed the whole neighborhood – how cool that would be. I think I will try getting a part-time job at a nursery … hands on learning is my best way.

One thing I am not passionate about is dissection. This week is frog week – yuck. 
I love frogs. Again, grateful grateful for interactive internet sites. I know Zack wishes that we had ‘real’ dissection. I found him 'close up' dissection videos – he likes them; they make me ill. That’s as close as he’ll get to cutting up living things around here. Everyone is learning in their own way. All is happy here.

Last night was fun night at Taylor’s [thanks for the yummy dinner; I’ll be over for left-overs] with Becky and Amy. Becky cut my hair … major short … I love it. Thank you, Becky. I’m ready for summertime.
When I got home I sat on the patio and read … I’ve so missed that – spending 4 months inside isn’t for me.  I made the Saturday yard sale signs last night. Ready to put them up in the morning. This yard sale business isn’t something I am too good at … it’ll be fun to try. I already sold something this afternoon - thanks Angie xo

Tonight I should work preparing for the yard sale, though I think that may have to wait until the morning. I’m thinking a glass of wine and a good book on the patio … and keep watching those veggies grow.

Friday is dreamy wedding work day. Cloth flower-making is first on the agenda and then on to the long list that awaits us. Fun … love spending the day with Taylor. I am still keeping my 'mom emotions' in check ... after the job is done, I will turn back into 'heart on your sleeve mom'. We have eight pots like the one below with [we hope] flowers for the wedding. Taylor thinks I am too hopeful – she doesn’t think they will be ready in 6 weeks … I won’t let go of the hope though. If we have to buy more flowers, we will – it would be nice to have centerpieces made from our home-grown flowers … think positive, growing thoughts please.


Thanks so much for all of the positive words about my garden signs.
If you haven’t seen them, please check them out and let me know
what you think … xo
You're alive. Do something.
The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated.
It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences.
It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.

~ Barbara Hall

I hope everyone had a tremendous Thursday …
Until tomorrow xo♥  



No comments:

Post a Comment