Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Monday




I am loving the weather again today. I covered up my seed pots last night – green popping up in most of the pots already - yeah … hoping for not too many more frosts. Major thunderstorms and tornado warnings right now.  Hoping for the noise, the wind and the rain … no damaging tornados. I love storms.






Off and on all day today, I kept having thoughts of ‘why do we stay separate, rather than connected’. Much of this [in my thoughts] is, most likely, coming from a variety of avenues. Last evening I edited a paper written by a former student of mine – it was such a positive piece about being true to yourself and caring for / about others. Yesterday, I had a long, intense conversation with my heart friend, Nelson. We always ‘solve the world’s problems’ … though, of course, the solutions never get further than between us. Today, while out doing many errands, I heard/witnessed a few interactions that left me struggling with the challenge of ‘should I say something’ – or should I just walk away. 




When my kids were young, I know I must have embarrassed them when I did approach people when they were doing something demeaning [dark] to another.
Tonight, while enjoying the sound of the wind chimes, rain and a yummy seafood salad, I began to float back to September 12th, 2001. Driving to work that morning, I was [of course still shook up and sad, confused] happily amazed at how there didn’t seem to be any honking of horns, cutting people off, yelling on the roads. When I stopped for coffee, everyone was filled with people connecting. ‘How are you’ – ‘Have a good day’. These feelings/actions should be an everyday occurrence – right?
I am not really sure what it is I am ranting about today … many of my thoughts and feelings seem to be [still] locked up inside of me … At the risk of sounding like Pollyanna Pattie [which many have accused me of being over the years], I believe deep in my heart that if we stopped to smell the roses [paid attention to what is happening around us – with others – with ourselves], world peace would be right around the corner. After all, we are all an integral part of an amazing world.
Since things are still stirring inside of me – I’ll shut up now … and talk of the beautiful day for which I am so grateful. 





I met a new fam today. Beauteous Mom and 2 amazing young men that I soon will be working with. So wonderful to hear them speak of ‘light vs. darkness’ and feeling their hearts. Lovely time.


Domestically – yuck – I cleaned the home and did the laundry – did the grocery shopping and a few other errands … I so need an assistant. Not because I don’t have the time to do it myself … just isn’t what I love to do – and I am trying to spend each moment doing what I love to do. I so do love it when it is finished … accomplishment.



Taylor and I accomplished much yesterday. Invitations created and ready to print on Friday – yeah – lots of planning/figuring out done as well. Things are coming together so beautifully for the dreamy wedding day.

The Montessori way of education …
          If I hear it … I will forget it.
          If I see it … I will remember it.
          If I live it … it will become a part of me.
                                         works for all aspects of life … 

I love this story ....





THE STARFISH STORY
"One day, while walking along the shore,
the wise old man looked down the beach,
and saw a gracefully dancing human figure.
The wise old man wondered out loud,
“Who would be dancing all alone on the beach?”
He began to walk faster to catch up.
Getting closer, the wise man saw that the dancer
was a child, who was not dancing at all.
The child was reaching down to the sand to pick up
something, and was very gently throwing it into the sea.
The man called out to the child,
“Good Morning! What are you doing?”
The child paused, looked up and replied,
“Throwing Starfish into the sea.”
Surprised, the man said,
“Yes, I see that, but WHY are you throwing Starfish into the sea?”
The child smiled brightly, pointed upward and
with perfect simplicity replied,
“The sun is up, and the tide is going out.
If I don’t throw them in, they will die.”
“But, don’t you realize, “asked the man,
“that there are miles and miles of beach and Starfish all along it?
You can’t possibly make a difference!”
The child listened politely.
Then bent down, picked up another Starfish,
threw it gently into the sea, just beyond the breaking waves,
and joyfully declared,
“It made a difference for that one." 



I hope everyone is having a beautiful start to a wonderful week.
Until tomorrow xo

1 comment: