Thursday, February 24, 2011

another beauteous day



I trust everyone is having a terrific Thursday. The sun decided to stay away today, which made it feel a bit too cool for my enjoyment … so, I stayed inside. Grateful for the choice.
It is supposed to rain tomorrow. We so need the rain … and, I so need sunshine.
Saturday will bring beauteous weather.

Stage 2 of my flower factory

I decided to try a couple of experiments with color. Filled a pan with hot water – added a few drops of yellow food coloring – soaked the filters for about 20 minutes – and then outside to dry.




Loving the yellow so much, I decided to figure out gray. Not quite so easy … can’t find gray [or black] food coloring at the local market … so, I made a big pan of watercolor, using acrylic black paint. Perfect …





How to get true fuchsia? Watercolor is too vague. Suggestions please.

By next week there will be many more. Awaiting the arrival of white tulle. That will be fun.

Rebecca Fincannon is carrying a line of PatriciaA wearable art in her salon.
Stop by and check it out and make an appointment for a fabulous
hair-cutting experience. South Mane Hair [hwy 115 – Cornelius]
704-517-7236




Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite novelists. I have a giant file of quotes from him/his work/his life. Here is one I love:

You have to take risks.
We will only understand the miracle of life fully
when we allow the unexpected to happen.



Until tomorrow xo



No comments:

Post a Comment