Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Wednesday xo



February 2, 2011

What a beautiful day in the woods. Spring seems to be here … at least for this day. It is gorgeous outside.

So, why is it that I am so overwhelmed today? Probably because I have a gazillion things to do. Changing things up – taking a new life path. I was thinking that making the decision was the difficult part – I was wrong. The difficult part is the follow-through. Mind you, I will do it – just feeling overwhelmed with the ridding myself of stuff. How does one go about that? Craigslist is great – but, come on – I have a whole house filled with stuff – can I really sell things one at a time on craigslist? Feels daunting.
I just need to get out of my own way and start … This I will do. ?????

Last night – Made some beautiful things with Taylor – feels so good to create – having a beginning and an ending. Maybe that’s what I am missing today – I want to ‘step by step’ this journey and then the human part of me is wanting to see the end of this detour. Oxymoron.  Silly.

I found this recipe today on National Kidney Foundation website - haven’t tried it yet – but it looks pretty yummy so I thought I’d share …

Sweetheart Tarts  (4 servings)

Ingredients

1 package Pie Dough, pre–rolled
3 oz. Cream Cheese
2 individual packages of Stevia
1 teaspoon Orange extract
1/2 teaspoon Orange zest
16 oz. Strawberries, fresh
1/3 cup Strawberry Preserves, sugar–free

Directions

Roll out the pie dough and use the dough to line the tart shells. Poke the dough with a fork, to prevent the dough from bubbling during the baking process. Bake in a pre–heated 400° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Time may vary depending on the size of your tart shells. Let cool to room temperature.
Whip cream cheese, orange extract, orange zest and Stevia together. The mixture should be easy to spread. Spread gently over the bottom of the tart shells. Wash and dry strawberries. Slice thin and place on top of the cream cheese lined tarts. Heat strawberry preserves over a low heat until melted, brush over the sliced strawberries and serve.

Directions

Mixed thawed berries, their juice and orange liqueur together and refrigerate several hours. Just before serving, place white chocolate in a plastic sealable bag. Melt chocolate over warm water. When completely melted, spoon filling into meringue shell, cut a very small hole in the corner of the bag, and drizzle white chocolate over the berries and the meringue shell. Serve immediately. Each shell will serve 2 people.

The school day is far too quiet without Zack … hurry back Zack. We miss you.




"Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others."
Wilfred Peterson

Until tomorrow xo



No comments:

Post a Comment