Wednesday, April 20, 2011

warm wednesday



Things I love Today
            Spinach salad
            Scrambled eggs
            Music
            Peaceful mornings
                         
           
Tid bits from the homefront:
            The stray momma cat didn’t come to eat last night … I hoping she comes today. I’m concerned.
            We found the perfect tree for our Miranda Tree … close to the garden, and close to the bird feeders. Miranda’s grandmother called me last night. I haven’t spoken with her in a very long time. She had a stroke after Miranda’s death, and forgot everyone for quite awhile. I don’t believe in coincidence, so I guess the universe tapped her on the shoulder yesterday as we were moving Miranda’s tree.

Garden Fun:
We spent a bit of time in the garden this afternoon. All of the plants seem to be adapting quite well to their new home – yeah. It is shaping up nicely in the new back yard. We planted a few hanging pots of flowers too.
Babbling:
I am quite irritated with the cable company. I have known for awhile I should change companies … was waiting for the move in May. Grrrrr. The internet seems to work only when ‘it’ feels like it … and that isn’t too often. I spent an hour on the phone this morning [3rd time this month], doing their job. I am not a cable expert [plug, unplug, switch cables, shut down computer, turn on computer, unplug router – yadayadayada] – I teach – I wouldn’t ask them to do my job. All of a sudden, two minutes ago, it began to work again. The plan is that someone will be here in the morning to do something????? I believe their modem is bad – though getting them to believe that is quite a different story. Venting over – thanks.
Lots of exciting things happening around here … I’ll fill you in more tomorrow.
Remember to leave me a comment for the GIVE-A-WAY – 4 garden art signs - Just click on comment – and then anonymous – and put your name in the comment – please. Drawing for custom garden art signs will be Tuesday, April 26th at noon.
http://www.etsy.com/people/PatriciaA
 
Worth a repeat – I think:
The struggle to save the global environment is in one-way much more difficult than the struggle to vanquish Hitler, for this time the war is with ourselves. We are the enemy, just as we have only ourselves as allies.
      
- Al Gore
I like to think I celebrate ‘Earth Day’ each and every day … though I think we need to use the upcoming day itself as a reminder for ourselves and for others … a time when we can all come together as a community cleaning up and celebrating how fortunate we are to have a beautiful planet … let’s work for a few minutes each day to rearrange our thinking … one less plastic bottle, one less hour driving the car, one less light on …is the greenest grass in the neighborhood worth the poisonous affects? Food for thought. xo

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
       -Mark Twain
I hope everyone is enjoying a magical week …
Until tomorrow xo♥  
Be what you want the world to be








No comments:

Post a Comment