Monday, April 18, 2011

merry monday


What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?
      
- Henry David Thoreau

Things I love Today
           
                        Getting stuff done
                        Sleeping with the windows open
                        Giving the veggies their garden home
                        Tax stuff is over
                       
                                   
Tid bits from the homefront:
            My new favorite [netflix] show …  A Touch of Frost
            I’m not sure what to do to help the momma cat. She hung around here for a couple of hours this morning … like she had no where to be. I hope those little kittens are okay. She looks a bit lost. I’ll keep watching and trying to follow her …
Dreamy Wedding Update:
More wedding work fun tonight … I am so anxious to see everything all put together on the beauteous day.
Garden Fun:
What a perfect day to work outside. Sunny with beautiful blue skies … temp around 70. Love it.
Busy garden day. I dug up the rose bushes in my front garden and re-planted them in my new back yard. I so hope I didn’t damage them, and they continue to flourish. The yellow roses are amazing. Last year was the first time I tried growing roses. The yellow bush was a tiny plant I purchased at the grocery store … just because it was cute … It is a beautiful bush now, with about 10 yellow roses on it already. The red ones have found a new home in the corner of the vegetable garden. I think they will like the sun and partial shade.
The veggies are all in the new garden. I know you can’t really see the plants very well – they are still pretty small. I am keeping tomatoes and the spices in pots until they get a bit bigger. Lettuce and mixed greens are still in their pots because they are so comfy there – I will plant more seeds in the ‘actual ground garden’. I love all of the garden art signs, the little fences … happy touches. More to plant and hanging flower baskets to fill … I can’t wait to watch it all grow. Thursday is usually Garden Journal Day – I am so excited with how the garden came out, I wanted to share today.








Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
Kill nothing but time.
      
- Motto of the Baltimore Grotto, a caving society

Until tomorrow xo♥  
Be what you want the world to be








No comments:

Post a Comment