Monday, April 4, 2011

magical monday


Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Harriet Tubman
What a woman she was … She has always been on my list of people I would love to have spent time with.

Things I love today

Summertime weather
Summer squash
Almonds
Silver nail polish
My blackberry
Finding old jewelry
Seeing the veggies stretching for the sun
Happy blog comments
And much much more

Summer weather today. Much wind, which feels so good blowing through the 80 degree sunshiney weather. So love this. Grateful Grateful.

Usually home cleaning day is something I struggle through and try to avoid. Leaving my glasses off often helps me to think it is ‘already clean’ … but the fairies never come to do it … so, do it, I must. Today, I am reveling in the cleaning … windows open, sun shining in … nothing could mess up this day.
Life is SO good.

I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend. We did here. Beautiful time with friends and family … wedding ‘to dos’ coming together so well … emotions beginning to creep in for me … holding back for now … much left to do.
Yesterday I shared a photo of the bracelet I made for myself for the dreamy wedding. Yesterday I made one for Lois. I so love it. Sent her a photo and she loves it, too.  What do you think? Colors are gray and yellow … I am wearing gray, Lois is wearing yellow.



I usually stay away from acronyms – though I do love the OMG … and OMG the cloth flower bouquets are absolutely gorgeous. I so want everyone to see them – beautiful. After the dreamy wedding I will share.

The baking I did for the shower came out great … they looked and tasted excellent. How proud of me, I was.
The one that was freaking me out a bit was from Lunch in Paris A LOVE STORY WITH RECIPES by Elizabeth Bard.

Mini Almond Cakes with a Raspberry Button

¾ cup turbinado [raw] sugar
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons ground almonds
1/3 cup flour
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 egg whites
A pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ pint raspberries

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Pulse the sugar in a blender to obtain a fine powder. Combine with the ground almonds and flour. Meanwhile, melt the butter over gentle heat; let cool.
Whip the egg whites and salt into what the French call a Mousse, just till they are frothy. Gently fold the egg whites into the dry ingredients. Fold in egg yolk and vanilla. Add melted butter. Don’t panic; this will look like a flood – just continue to fold gently and the butter will incorporate itself.
Spoon large, drippy tablespoons of batter into nonstick mini muffin molds. Gently place a raspberry in the center of each. Don’t push in too far or it will sink. Bake on the center rack for 10-11 minutes, until the edges are crisp and golden, insides are tender. Makes about 30.
So yummy.


I mentioned yesterday that I had yet to begin the book I am [supposed to be] writing for The Art House Project. Saying things here in my blog is extremely helpful … keeps it right in the front of my mind. Last night, upon ending a fun day’s work with Taylor, I started the book. Yeah, it is flowing pretty well … grateful grateful. Title: The Light in the Distance

Please remember the GIVE-A-WAY … leave me a comment of your favorite piece of PatriciaA Wearable Art before Noon tomorrow -  April 5th
I really love everyone’s input  xo
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key.
Lyrics from Already Gone, performed by the Eagles for their 1974  On the Border album
Fresh air blowing in the windows all day made for such a beauteous day.
Hope everyone is having a great start to a magical week!
Until tomorrow xo♥  
Be what you want the world to be







2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy reading your blog. :) I can't wait for the dreamy wedding. Your creations are amazing. You are so talented.
    - Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much hon - I'm excited about the next dreamy wedding in october ... can't wait xxoo

    ReplyDelete