Tuesday, April 26, 2011

thought-filled tuesday


To hold it together when everyone else would understand if
you fell apart, that's true strength.

-
Guillaume Apollinaire
Things I love Today
                        Spring breezes
                        Sun showers
                        Making stuff
                        When things work
                        Working in the new back yard
                       
                       
            Beautiful day here in the woods. Sunshine mixed with sun showers all day … lovely.
           
Tid bits from the homefront:
           
Marley comes home Thursday – can’t wait to be with her. Momma cat returned, very hungry, Saturday afternoon. I was so happy to see she was okay. She has been back often since then – I am glad she is okay.


 Garden Fun:
            All of the veggie plants seem to be thriving in their new garden home.  I love the garden. The pink rose bush seems to have transplanted nicely – blooming brilliantly. The yellow rose bush has some issues. I am afraid I just may have traumatized it [too much] by moving it. I hope it will bounce back. We got the pool cleaned and ready … hoping for warm, warm weather to get the water ready for swimming. Almost decided on the space in the new yard for a labyrinth. Now to figure out what to use for creating it. The kids moved our cool bench to the new back yard today …

Babbling:
            I have been pondering how it is that we [as humans] measure ourselves … our lives … successes … failures. During the past couple of tumultuous years, I believe I have only measured myself by what I considered the failures, the mistakes, the things that didn’t work out as I planned/wanted.  And, when thought out … many of them weren’t mine to own to begin with. I am trying to practice what I preach … what I truly believe in … guess sometimes we don’t even realize we are being way hard on ourselves. Just a thought.
I believe that all happens for a reason – that each step we take is the right one to bring us to the next step. I know that each happening [good, bad, indifferent] holds in it a lesson we need. Often, when we have to revisit the ‘lessons’ it is annoying … gotta just trust and go with it. xo
Art House Fiction Project – extended the deadline to May 16th – yeah – they must have felt my stress … ha … The extra 2 weeks is perfect … just what I needed.
Hope everyone is enjoying a great beginning to a beauteous week …
Until tomorrow xo
You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
~ Oh the Places You'll Go (Dr. Seuss)
Be what you want the world to be









No comments:

Post a Comment