Thursday, April 7, 2011

thankful thursday


Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Lanston Hughes
Things I love Today
            Going home
                        Discovering a quicker way home from Angie’s
                        The summer day
                        Electricity
                        My lovely neighbors
                        Television
                        merlot
           
Such a lovely day. Worked with Zack this morning, then he and I had lunch with Taylor and Augustine. What an adorable, really smart little guy he is. I loved meeting him … finally. Taylor has only 2 more weeks working with him – I know she will miss him so much – and he, her. She has been spending days with him since he was born 2 years ago.
Now I am home – yeah – with electricity – yeah-yeah. We take electricity for granted … never again.  I love being at Angie’s home … we had fun. So grateful to  be there … At the same time, I am a homebody person. Love to go on vacation and planned excursions – don’t work too well with forced removal from my home. I don’t guess anyone does.
It is such a beautiful day. Breezes blowing through the windows … so lovely.
Veggies suffered a bit this week – much hard rain and wind – some sunshine, though not really enough. I am trusting that this weekend the sunshine will help them get to where they need/want to be …
 cherry tomatoes - growing well
 lettuce - mixed greens - growing well
 peas - amazing
 spearmint  - amazing
 zucchini - doing pretty okay
 tomatoes - struggling
 wedding flowers - time to separate and replant - doing so well
summer squash - messed up from the rain - think they are hanging in
Working away tonight on wedding ‘stuff’ – while watching tv … I had a beautiful conversation with my friend Kathy … loved that … haven’t spoken with her in awhile … life is so good. Beautiful Beautiful.

Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world's work, and the power to appreciate life.
      
 - Brigham Young
Until tomorrow xo♥  
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment