Monday, May 30, 2011

monday monday

Yikes – it’s almost June
         Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them.
~Orison Swett Marden
           
Tid bits from the homefront:
I decided to stop fighting with the pool pump – trying to get it to do its job – and break down and get another … the new one is kicking ass. Water moving rapidly – clear as a bell – loving it. My neighbor, Brad, has been so helpful … we scoped out all of the pumps before selecting … I really wasn’t sure what I was looking for … although I knew I didn’t want to spend much money … my money tree isn’t doing quite as well as the squash and tomatoes.

Yesterday I enjoyed a lovely lunch with the Hoover Fam. It was fun to see them and be with them … a little quiet though, with Taylor and Caleb missing from the table. Clearly, they were there in spirit.

I am feeling more accomplished. The weird happenings of the past 2 weeks took a toll. I didn’t even realize how tired I was. Now that Taylor and Caleb have safely arrived to Marley in Cordova, Alaska, Nelson is home and recovering from his ordeal, Eric [Angie’s nephew] breezed through surgery and is now home … yeah, Lewis [Taylor’s and Caleb’s puppy] is adjusting well to being with our fam. He and Sam aren’t loving each other YET – they are both a bit jealous, though they are cohabitating nicely – often eating out of the same bowl … yeah. My family [all around the country] is doing well [my sister is getting stronger and more sure of how important she is, each day] … We are sending much light, love and healing energy to Becky’s Dad, Butch, who is having heart surgery tomorrow. Please take a minute to ‘do what you do’ – pray, send light, think of him. Thank you. Xo

 lewis
 sam and lewis
I am so excited … going to Massachusetts in July – my 40th high school reunion – crazy, how long ago that was. Can’t wait to see everyone – past school friends, my bestest friend Lois, and all of the fam [Donna, Carey, Jill, Brandon, Kayla, Sam, Ashlyn] … especially brother, Jimmy and sister, Cathee … whom I haven’t seen in a gazillion years … and, of course, my Aunt Kaye … she has always been my hero.

The moving ordeal is coming to an end. I still can’t get into the laundry room at the old home – baby birds galore. And, mom and dad fly right out to attack me if I attempt to enter the room. Not too much to deal with there – so, the next few days it will get finished. The school room is still waiting for me – I have parted with a few things – though much to go. If anyone needs learning/teaching materials – I have them – preschool through 12th grade – hands-on materials, workbooks, testing materials, textbooks, research books – for all areas of academia. Send me a message/email – cpatriciaa@aol.com if you are interested. My goal is one week … and then all will be finished.

My new home, yard, garden areas … lovely. It feels so happy and peaceful here – and I do love the spiritual remnants of Taylor and Caleb. 

Fundraiser – The Humane Society
Thank you thank you – orders for 6 leashes in the past 2 days … love that. So grateful. We didn’t reach May goal – and I’m not giving up. Once you see these leashes and see how much the puppies love them, everyone will need one.
Order from my Etsy shop – or comment me to special order … thanks xo

Garden fun:
I know I boast often about my garden … can’t help it – I am so excited at the way this garden is going to be bursting with food. I think the tomato plants are the most amazing to me. I started them [everything] from seed – and last year, the plants I purchased from the local nursery were one third the size at this time. I believe [aside from love, nurturing and positive energy from me and from mother nature] it is the compost soil. They are loving it. Thank you so much Taylor and Caleb … our neighbors are now putting all of their great stuff in the compost …
summer squash abounds - i so love it  
What are you grateful for today?
I know I have posted/recommended her blog before – if you haven’t checked it out – please do – I think everyone needs to read her heart words … I am so grateful for the insights and reminders.
http://writingmywaysober.blogspot.com/
We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light, which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.
~Woodrow T. Wilson
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment