Wednesday, May 4, 2011

wild wednesday

          
When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.
~ Zig Ziglar
Tid bits from the homefront:

Busy Busy Busy …
And, the
internet down again here for the past couple of days – a tad frustrating – seems to be up and running again now. So I will quickly post all of the ‘stuff’ I usually do everyday.
The dreamy wedding day is in three days. Checking much off of the lists, focusing on finishing touches, and hopefully we have remembered everything. I haven’t taken time to really stop and think of the day itself – all of our fam and friends coming from near and far … can’t wait to all be together … what a beauteous day it will be. grateful - grateful.

Garden Fun:
I know the yellow rose bush looks a little sad – though it seems to be bouncing [slowly] back.
Last night’s thunderstorm really ‘woke the garden up’ big time. This morning everything looks twice the size it did yesterday … It is beginning to look like a viable garden – yeah.           
Babbling … more like Ranting today …
It is probably a good thing that I have been MIA from here for the past few days due to internet issues … I have been pretty pissed at many of the things I hear – see – read in regard to Osama’s death and, once again, cultural yapping that always makes me nuts. Why is killing someone [for whatever reason] a good thing? Why does that make us a ‘cooler country’? Why is it that everyone can now rest easier [feel more at peace] since 9/11? This confuses me – saddens me – and truthfully makes me [even more] uncomfortable with so many people that stand on their platforms professing to be Christians – [more than] judging other’s behaviors/religions/etc., etc. ??????? Can you help me with this?
For now I will stop the ranting and share this …
I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

— Martin Luther King Jr.
Well, for this day, I am going to relax in my peace-filled life and enjoy the last minute planning for the dreamy wedding on Saturday.
Please check out my Etsy Shop … My goal was 16 sales this week – only at 4 – please assist me with this. Tomorrow I will have some cool pet leashes – I am starting a fundraiser for The Humane Society – donating ½ of the leash price of every leash sold – sold 2 today – thank you thank you.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain
wishing everyone a peace-filled, beauteous day ...
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment