Tuesday, May 10, 2011

thoroughly enjoying tuesday

Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them.
~Orison Swett Marden
Tid bits from the homefront:
So much to do. Moving is stressful … I am trying to be in the moment with it all … I’m hoping to be back to breathing regularly soon. Still experiencing a bit of jet [dreamy wedding] lag. Reveling in the gratefulness that the dreamy wedding was all that Taylor and Caleb wanted ... such a perfect day.

here are a few photos from the decorating banaza we had for 4 months ...









Fundraiser – The Humane Society
I have sold a few leashes – thank you thank you – please check out my Etsy Shop, and/or message me and I will send you whatever color/style you prefer. I put a few more in the Etsy Shop today. We are getting fancy with the leashes. Amy wanted a frilly one for her Daisy … it came out great … I am sure Daisy feels very fancy walking with this leash.

School Days:
It always feels bittersweet when the school year comes to an end. This week we are working on Flying Up speeches, end-of-grade testing review, Senior Exit projects, fixing up our resumes [think I should work on mine as well – really don’t want to go out and get a job elsewhere … but, things are selling as quickly as I would like, so I may have to – where shall I go?], and planning the program for  our Flying Up Ceremony. Zack is very excited to be graduating from High School this year. We are spending time in the garden – Jacob loves to tend and water … we are hoping by next week the water in the pool will be warm enough for a lunch-time swim. Fun times together … the end of the year seems to come so quickly …
Check this out:
I’m sure I have mentioned this before … and she continues to touch and move me … and this entry was no different – amazing …
http://sexloveliberation.com/death-is-not-scary/
Garden Fun Week 7
I decided to try seeds one more time before purchasing plants for peppers. I was really wanting to grow all from seeds this year … and more than ½ of the seeds are ones I saved from yummy veggies.
I am thrilled with how well my plants are doing. Everything seems happy and comfy in their new garden spots – yeah!
Flowers are bursting all over as well … I so love it when the dreary’ness’ of winter turns to the beauty-filled spring/summer. grateful grateful.
alaskan wild flowers ... finally growing ... yeah!
cucumbers


 yellow squash
zucchini

front garden
front rose bush
Babbling:
I do like to bitch about bad teachers … today I am so filled with gratitude with a wonderful, positive, student-loving teacher I saw on tv this morning. Regis and Kelly are doing some contest [I guess?] highlighting good teachers. This young teacher, who has a class of mainstream kids and learning challenged kids [all together] - I so love that. She said many things I loved – and I so enjoyed watching her interact with the kids. Talking of the need for patience, she said that you do need patience – but we need that in all of life, and these kids aren’t different – everyone learns differently. I guess I so love hearing what I’ve been trying to convey for years. I wish I remembered her name – I’m sure they have a video on the Regis and Kelly website … it was such a great way to start my day.
Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.
~Maxwell Maltz
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment