Saturday, June 25, 2011

stellar saturday

let go of the past and go for the future. go confidently in the direction of your dreams. live the life you imagined. - henry david thoreau

Today I love …
            Lazy mornings
            Air after a nice rain
            Fun surprises in the mail
            New pillows
            Checking things off of my list
            Weeding
            Making soup
            Making bread
            Watching Lewis play like a puppy
                       
           
Tid bits from the homefront:

We had such a crazy storm the other night. Not much rain and lots of wild wind, thunder and lightening. My outside furniture went across the yard … garden blown everywhere. I think I have it all back together – rebuilding lattice things to hold ‘stuff’ up, and the tomato plants were totally bent down … they are looking a tad sad, but I think they will be okay. What a crazy storm year 2011 has been.

Yesterday was a lovely, semi-lazy day, here in the woods. Finishing up many little projects I have been working on, while beginning a few new ones.

The new home is almost together. I have been working on all of the little things I do not usually enjoy. Only one more room to go and everything has a place … organized and running smoothly. All ready to go on my reunion vaca [I can’t wait to see fam, friends, and go back in time a bit with all of my childhood friends – can’t wait] and come back to begin whatever is supposed to be next. I’m in that trusting it mode … what will be, will be. If anyone has any clue what July will bring for me – please enlighten me.

Garden – Week 16:
Everything continues to grow well in spite of Mother Nature’s recent attacks. Spaghetti squash is growing like crazy … I’ve been so enjoying eating it and summer squash and zucchini. Can’t wait for all of the green tomatoes to become red  - there are so many of the cluster tomatoes … can’t wait. I think Katy [she is housesitting/puppysitting for me while I am in MA] and my neighbors will be loving tomatoes while I am away.

 cluster tomatoes
 tomato plants a tad beat up
 spaghetti squash
 yellow squash
 zucchini
 love these flowers
Babbling:

My thoughts are sparked by something I read on a blog yesterday morning … someone who was really stressed at the continued prospect of dealing with people who drain your energy. I have been working on this for a long time. I know I am getting better with not needing to solve the world’s problems by taking on everyone else’s stuff, and not needing people to like me … it is still a challenge for me sometimes. I find that the older I get, the more exhausted I become with the taking on negative energy … the dark energy does no good.  One of my loudly spoken affirmations during the past few weeks has been, “I will no longer accept your negative stuff … I will no longer accept you wiping out my energy because you can … love you all, but won’t do it anymore … if you have a problem and want to solve it – I am there – if you want to just revel in the darkness, I must move away”.


Thank you thank you thank you … feeling an abundance of gratitude

Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends."
- Mary Catherwood
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment