Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
~ Arthur C. Clarke
Grateful – Grateful – Grateful …
Having these past few days to get things finished up around the homefront has been great. Things feel really peaceful here – even though I am still somewhat jigged up with my body seeming to be scouring the universe for nicotine.
Becky and Amy are coming over tonight – for dinner and to hang out. I so love that we keep that daughter-like connection when my girls are far away. I am so fortunate to have so many amazing friends of all ages.

Tid bits from the homefront:

What a beautiful day it is here in the woods.

It was so nice and cool outside this morning … glorious. I finally finished planting my side garden planter box that Caleb built for me … a mixture of flowers, Swedish ivy and a bit of basil. Love it.

The pepper plants are now in the garden – they are weeks behind the other veggies – I think they will be great though …

The puppies are so happy to be spending the day outside … what a difference 10 degrees makes. Lewis is getting more comfy each day here. He seems happy and thoroughly enjoys playing with his squeaky toys.



Bees are gone … at least that is what Brad tells me. Here he is in the bee suit. He traced the little buggers to my neighbor’s yard, and [for as much as I am not usually about killing anything] disposed of them all. I am still a tad nervous [more than a tad really] when walking over to work on the garden and especially around the pool. I’m sure that will pass as the bites disappear.



The pool is back to great again. After only two weeks with the new pump, it blew a leak and we had to return it. This time I think we got the right one. I should have listened to Brad the first time. It really isn’t that I wasn’t listening. I heard. I am pretty money-tight here lately as I figure out what my next career will be. The prospects are exciting – though I feel like I better hurry up a bit. [I gave up hurrying a few years ago] I have a green thumb when it comes to plants of most kinds – not too great here lately with the money trees though …

Garden  - week 14:
Things are growing so beautifully - tonight we will enjoy yellow squash from the garden - I so love that ...






Here is a great blog to check out … I love her words/thoughts/randomness

When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.
~ Zig Ziglar
Question: Why would one affiliate themselves with any group if they didn’t know what the group stood for?
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment