Friday, June 3, 2011

friday

Sometimes things resonate so much with me that I feel I need to repeat, repeat, repeat … so, yesterday’s quotes did just that – if you missed them – here they are – if not – enjoy again … I posted this one on the bathroom mirror …  
Calm. Repeat after us: "I will be an oasis of calm in the world today. I will be a refuge. I will not add to chaos. It will wash over me and back out to sea. So sayeth the Queen." Queen of Your Own Life

And can’t we all keep learning from Mohandas Gandhi
I should love to satisfy all, if I possibly can; but in trying to satisfy all, I may be able to satisfy none. I have, therefore, arrived at the conclusion that the best course is to satisfy one's own conscience and leave the world to form its own judgment, favorable or otherwise.

Tid bits from the homefront:
Busy – busy – productive day yesterday was … I slept for 10 hours, 2 nights in a row – crazy … didn’t know how tired I really had become. Refreshed and ready to kick ass again today. My wonderful neighbors are going to assist me on Saturday finishing up in the old home [now we can get into the laundry room – baby birds are beginning to fly – so cute they are – I keep trying to take photos, though the mom and dad aren’t too keen about that]. Almost finished [really] – I know I am a week behind … cuz much happened and slowed me down. And, all is now good.  Grateful, grateful.
Job interviews lined up … new prospects with a student or two … many things coming my way … doesn’t it always happen that way, when we just get out of our own way. Yeah.

Relaxing:
For years the idea of relaxing was an anomaly to me. I always needed to be busy … not a bad thing really, though I worked on just ‘being’, not having to be busy every minute. Thought I had it down, until a few months ago, when I realized that relaxing for me was sitting at the end of the day enjoying a glass of wine. That’s not really me relaxing … so, I quit drinking wine at day’s end and noticed that I switched to another vice – coffee and cigarettes. Same thing, really. I don’t want vices to be what helps me to relax. And I really want to finish with this silly cigarette thing. Down to 7 a day … more than I should be smoking – though feeling pretty happy with the way I am paring it down.

The reason for this babbling today – yesterday, I was working like a crazy person in the new home. I found a magazine that Taylor had left for me to read. Picked it up, trying to decide where to put it  - and I quit what I was doing and went outside and sat down and read it … relaxing – no wine, no coffee, no cigarettes. To many that may seem silly – simple – but for me it was pretty great … It may be a ‘dah’ thing to some – for me it was pretty cool.

Fundraiser – The Humane Society
Please click on the link and purchase a beauteous leash … Once you see these leashes and see how much the puppies love them, everyone will need one.
Order from my Etsy shop – or comment me to special order … thanks xo

Love her blog – and love her seven attitudes of mindfulness –
Seven Attitudes of Mindfulness

1) Non-judging
2) Patience
3) Beginner's Mind
4) Trust
5) Non-striving
6) Accepting
7) Letting Go
Another great ‘queen of your life’ quote today:
Gratitude. Repeat after us: "I am grateful for the opportunity to try again. I am grateful to honor today's journey by expanding my gratitude enough to crowd out the negative. So sayeth the Queen."
Few people will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all these acts will be written the history of this generation. ~ Robert F. Kennedy      
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment