Monday, June 6, 2011

it's monday

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.

~Raymond Chandler
Tid bits from the homefront:
What a crazy storm we had last night. The start of it was lovely – I was so grateful for the cooler air and the much needed rain … soon it turned into a raging storm – much damage all around our little town … not used to seeing tornadoes so close to home … I hope everyone is okay.

Realized [more than ever], last night, that if we listen to the wildlife and to our domestic friends – we shall know. My dog, Sam, is really afraid when thunder starts … last night he was much more than afraid – he hid and was panting so much – I kept putting cold cloths on him – afraid he was going to pass out. And, Lewis, who usually sits on the patio with me during storms was finding a hiding place on my lap … he never has been nervous before this. Even Karma, the bold, strong cat, was nervous enough to sit on my lap with Lewis. We must listen to the animals.

Today is a calm day here in the woods … getting things more organized … getting ready for doing testing with Zack tomorrow … making my plans for Massachusetts at the end of the month – yeah – 40th high school reunion – I am surely not that old.  I can’t wait to see everyone.

I decided that I couldn’t sell/give away all of the Montessori materials I have – my grandchildren may need them someday … so, my biggest job today is to figure out where to store [and still be able to see] all of these lovely pieces.

Emotions running rampant today … good, bad, indifferent … so happy that I am finding my centered place … life is good. My body is not liking the lack of nicotine … though I am happy to be ridding myself of it …

Garden stuff:

Okay – help – what the heck is this? I thought [I planted] 6 cucumber plants – that I was so excited were growing like wild – seems they are not cucumber plants [at least not all of them] – what the heck are they? Maybe I messed up and switched cucumber and spaghetti squash? The leaves and vines look so much the same – but ?????? If this pick looks familiar to you – please let me know … they are everywhere – they are growing like crazy.




A bend in the road is not the end of the road ... unless you fail to make the turn.
Author Unknown
Monday has always been my favorite day of the week – the start … enjoy the week … xo
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment