Friday, July 8, 2011

fun fun friday

July 8, 2011
Friday
Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you. ~ Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

Today I love …
            Not smoking
            Working in my garden
            New jeans
            The sound of the woods
            Turning fifty-eight and not feeling old
            Remembering

                                   
           
Tid bits from the homefront:
It’s been almost two weeks since I last wrote here … wow … long time, much has occurred. Beautiful ‘stuff’. Emotional time.

My trip to Massachusetts was wonderful … always too short, though I am grateful for all of the beauty.
Meeting [in person] my sister, Cathee, was wonderful. Spending time with her [and Martha], I felt like I’d always known and loved them.

Spending time with Aunts and Uncles … takes one back – lovely.

Seeing people [at the reunion] that I hadn’t seen in [at least] 20 years was so great. Such a connected group of people – it all came back in a few minutes – so love when that happens.

Family cookout at Carey’s on the 4th was perfect.

So heart challenging to be living in different pieces of the planet – makes the being together a time to really be in each moment.
It all went by so quickly – today I am reveling in all of the moments.


Garden – Week 17:
I love my garden. It continues to amaze me how much things grow in a week’s time. Loving being able to eat things I grow. Tomato plants are bursting with beauties – the spaghetti squash is taking over the fence and has run over into my neighbor’s back yard – crazy.









Babbling … may be Ranting:

A couple of weeks ago my friend, Donna, and I had a conversation about moving away from our spiritual knowingness during the past year of crazy happenings. That is when we really needed it the most, though sometimes, no matter how much you feel and/or know, life still gets in the middle and we are left not knowing how to get out of our own way. As my reawakening has slowly and surely happened during the past few months, my truth about this all is that the dark energy kinda sneaks up on us and hits us before we realize it – as we are so filled with the loss and sad happenings. Seems kinda funny [not ha-ha funny, though funny just the same].

As I remember, with both head and heart, what we are all here to do/be – it seems unbelievable to me that I lost that for a period of time. Grateful to be ‘back’, connected to the universe and all of the beauty … and grateful for the time away … allowing me to appreciate it all so much more.

During these times of economic and other distresses, letting our light shine for all, is [in my opinion], the only way to get things back on track … to a happier, healthier, more together, planet.

This morning, sitting outside having my coffee – a bumper sticker [on my bumper sticker bench] jumped out at me.

Hate is the only Enemy
I am sending much energy today to those who seem to hate, judge, speak badly about, others. Does it really make someone feel better to judge and spew hate onto others? And, so often as we speak negatively of others, thinking they can’t hear us, the universe hears and the negative energy affects us all. It is so lost on me – makes my heart so sad. All that is in my power is to send light …

I remember always teaching my kids [personal kids and the kids in my classes] to think with your heart and check in with your head before speaking, making a judgment, etc. – Guess it is really the same thing as ‘treat others as you want to be treated’ – ‘be what you want the world to be’ …

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
~Martha Washington
I hope everyone enjoys a beauty-filled weekend … spread your light.
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment