Saturday, July 30, 2011

stellar saturday

If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude.      Maya Angelou
Today I love …
            Talking with Taylor … I so miss her
Real’ness’
            Unconditional love
            Yellow squash
            Running with the puppies
            Scalloped potatoes [again]
            New jewelry tools
            Feeling the love [thank you]
            Anita
            Netflix
            Time with Donna
Saw this quote somewhere this morning … can’t even remember where now … love it.
See what you can do
when you put your mind to it
and take a leap of faith?
           
Tid bits from the homefront:

Finally … thanks to Ryan, my computer is up and running once again. Yeah! Thank you, thank you.

Yesterday was Ryan’s 30th birthday … can I really be old enough to have a 30 year old son? Yikes.

Spending time with Donna is always so great. I so miss our overnight hang out times. We had a wonderful Thursday night and Friday. We had our first real fire in the fire pit … lovely. I’m a little [no a lot] nervous about fire, so I don’t usually light fires. It adds so much wonder to the evening, as well as keeping mosquitoes at bay.
Being with Donna always helps me to feel more centered and confident with my life path. It was a perfect, relaxing couple of days after a month of crazy [and fun] busy.

I love this notebook that Taylor sent to me … perfect words, right …

Garden fun:
Our weather has been making it difficult for the garden to thrive. I water in the mornings and evenings – though it just isn’t enough – 100 degree sunshine baking on it all day long is taking its toll. Still producing enough for meals each day, and the cucumbers are beginning to sprout – finally – yeah … and the pepper plants are growing nicely … it will be fall before they produce; which will be great. If anyone would like any spaghetti squash, just yell; there is an abundance of them, close to being ready to eat. And they are so yummy.

 my new tree is settling in nicely ... new leaves and looking healthy and happy
 petunias don't seem troubled by the hot hot weather ... they are growing beautifully with such brilliant colors
 love my fish pond ... they are finally feeling at home ... returning to their old habits of taking food right out of my hand

Babbling:
Sometimes we have a tendency to take more notice of negative – rather than seeking and appreciating the positive. I had a great experience at the post office the other day. Mailing 2 [very heavy] packages to my Alaska Fam … and the post office person recommended that I put them in different boxes [one price boxes] and save 30$ … She got the boxes, gave me tape … took 10 minutes to help me switch boxes. I was so grateful – and a tad surprised … customer service isn’t always so great … thank you thank you.

I love my new sign ... thank you Amy xo 


If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves.       Carl Jung

Stay cool and have a beautiful weekend ...
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment