Monday, July 25, 2011

magnificent monday



One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us.” — Michael Cibenko

Tidbits from the homefront:

Hello – I hope everyone is having a great start to a great week … and staying cool. I had the most wonderful, relaxing weekend. My friend, Anita [who is quite psychic when it comes to me], thought I sounded 'a bit off', and she drove up to see me. She arrived early Saturday morning and we had a great day. I so miss her not being close by. Sunday was filled with garden fun and creating jewelry that I am loving.

I remember saying this winter [as I was complaining of freezing] that I would not complain about how hot it got in the summer. I was wrong. I’m trying hard not to complain, though last week it was above 100 degrees for a few days in a row. Yuck. I need big ice blocks for the swimming pool. How nice it would be if the pool was warm like this in the freezing winter …

My computer has been having some serious issues – hence, I have not been able to post. I have missed it, as well as all of the other technology-related things I do daily. It has given me an opportunity to do some quiet work, creating, reading, figuring out my life, and just sitting outside in the evenings listening to the amazing nature that surrounds me. I love it.

The job search is going nicely. A few different part-time gigs are coming my way … I’m excited to have new experiences and schedule all so that Jacob and I can do new and interesting things when we begin [again] working together in the Fall …

Garden fun:

The veggie garden is growing beautifully – in spite of the boiling temperatures. I’m starting to see little bits of cucumbers and the green pepper plants are getting stronger each day – yeah. I will post pics when I get my own computer back up and running – hoping that will be tomorrow. My son, Ryan, is the computer guy – and we are hanging out tomorrow. He has decided he wants a dog – we will have a fun day of visiting shelters, as he chooses the newest member of his family. Can’t wait.

Please check out my etsy shop – I have not been able to get new things up – I will soon – though there are many cool things [if I do say so myself] there now. Great gift items – please share the link with your friends. I really [need and] appreciate your support. Thanks xo


“When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” — Alexander Graham Bell

Until tomorrow … I hope  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment