Thursday, July 21, 2011

thankful thursday

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


 
Today I love …
                        Having an abundance of tomatoes
                        Reading
                        Air conditioning
                        New opportunities
                        Old friends
                        Wonderful neighbors
                        Scalloped potatoes
                        Pizza – delivered
                        Thunder storms
                       
           
Tid bits from the homefront:

In all of the years I lived in Florida, I never remember the temperature being this high. At 1:30 today, the outside thermometer read 112 degrees. It is so hot, even the dogs don’t want to be outside. Lewis, who usually wants to walk and run for as long as he can keep me walking; turned around today after about 3 minutes and wanted inside. Smart puppies.
 sam
 lewis
 my karmaB
Yesterday was a great day – I secured a wonderful new work opportunity. Starting to work with Alison at Lake Norman Learning Center. Not certain what I will be doing as of yet – going to work part time with the kids, and also develop some after school arts and enrichment programs. I am excited. I so love what she has done with the center … the energy feels so wonderful, and everything, inside and out is so bright and clean and new … lots of happy little kids running around yesterday. Renewed my spirit for sure.
Check it out … perfect learning environment … such a wonderful, loving, learning environment for children … I am so excited to have the opportunity to become a part of it … http://lakenormanlearningcenter.com/


Garden fun:
I am so excited with the abundance of tomatoes … my son, Ryan, tells me to pick them when they are green [to leave more energy for the plant to produce more] – so, this year, I did just that. Throw [place] the tomatoes in a brown paper bag, and in a couple of days they are red and delicious. Tonight I am making tomato sauce from my home-grown tomatoes. Excited.



The cucumbers are finally starting to blossom.
I should have cucumbers for myself and many to share – very soon.

This summer I have turned many people on to spaghetti squash … my garden is producing quite a few each day … love that many people who didn’t even know about spaghetti squash … are now loving it.

 We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder

Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be







No comments:

Post a Comment