Friday, January 28, 2011

sunny and warm


Such a beautiful day … sunny and warm. I am loving it.
It is supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow. I’m anxious to clean up my messy yard.

‘the best of my days’ – today
       watching the happy birds all around the feeder.

It is time to hang my new piece, ‘Life – is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away’, that Taylor gave to me for Christmas – it will go alongside yesterday’s ‘Love – follow your heart and you’ll never get lost’.


I had such fun last night with Angie and Taylor. Wedding plans are coming together so beautifully.
I’m getting used to this laughing thing again … love it … thank you thank you thank you

And I think I am getting used to the ‘going out’ thing again. I was quite the hermit for most of 2010. Looking back, I know it was necessary for me to be lost in my own head for awhile. I believe that while being shaken to the core is difficult, it gives one the opportunity to be in whatever that moment is [of course, I didn't know that then], while reconnecting slowly as the light inside begins to flicker … grow … and then burn brightly.

The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel … closer and closer and lighting one’s spirit – again – whew.

It’s funny [not really ha ha funny] that we spend years of our lives growing, changing, trying to improve ourselves in all ways, developing bad habits, ridding ourselves of bad habits, and trying hard to learn to appreciate all that makes us beautiful humans; only to wake up and find [for me it was this way] that during a time when one foot just doesn’t go in front of the other without thought and concentration, the changes we wanted to make come quite easily – because we don’t have the energy to put up a fight.

For 30 years I have been in constant practice to leave my reactive mind behind and consciously be in each moment and in each situation without past thoughts, feelings, judgment, etc, interfering.
To act rather than react.

I wasn’t sucking at it before 2010 – but when you have to think of every single thing you say / do because spiritually you are not connected and all that is happening really is new – because the overwhelming factor is that you are always feeling in a way that you never have before – all is new and in many ways easier – in the midst of the difficulty. Does that make sense?

This rambling train of thought brought me to remembering that I have [almost] always believed that everything happens for a reason. I’ve said many times that often we just don’t ever really know the reason. Trust – Have Faith – Go With It.

As I sit now, reflecting on last year, I want to know the reasons, as the true essence of the lessons resonate. The more I talk [type] about it, the more shining moments I remember … moments that I didn’t even know to appreciate then, and are now blossoming from my new and improved toolbox.

I was going to share an essay from Touched by Many today, but I think I’ve rambled on long enough …


Another very cool gift from
Love this website …

a little blurry - sorry - neat concept, I think you can see that - the website has a perfect image.
Until tomorrow xo
The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care about the peace and happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of peace and well-being
Dalai Lama
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment