Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21, 2011


January 21, 2011

Beautiful Friday …

Hiking has always been something ‘other people did’; clearly not me. After watching a documentary today about The Appalachian Trail, I think I just might want to do it.

Taylor reminded me last night that my blog should have a plan – a rhyme and/or a reason. What is it that I am hoping to give/share by doing this? I hope everyone will hang in and read my babbling as I find that answer.

As a teacher/mentor [for many years] for students of all ages and learning styles, I do have some info to share about education … educating/appreciating/respecting the whole person. As a single parent of 3 beautiful, strong, willful [my hearts] children, I have some valuable info to share.  As an artist who uses ‘whatever there is around’ to create with … I probably have some insights/ideas to share. As a lazy cook, I have many quick, easy recipes that I must put into some semblance of order [I am not good at following directions, so I just make it up as I go] to share. As a ‘wannabe’ home decorator, I know I have many ideas, easy ways to create a beauteous home, to share. As a spiritual guide/healer, I have a strong desire to assist in life’s journey.
As a person who was blessed to be born with a green thumb, I probably have many things to share.
Writing is my true passion …
I trust, if I keep putting one foot in front of the other, all will come together into ways I can make a difference.

I’m thinking that my blog is a personal document and sharing of my travels [abstractly and concretely] as I begin this new phase in my life. Kind of like a journey; I think???
I have no idea [well I have a few notions] what comes next. So it will be interesting to document the spiritual and intellectual journey ahead … and in sharing, I hope in some small way, it helps others.

Happy Weekend xo


2 comments:

  1. Rambling is a start. Just like going for a hike, you need to find out what trail you want to start with. Life is a journey, not a destination. As Robert Frost said long time ago "The Road Not Taken" and his famous line ". . . and miles to go before I sleep." Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely - thank you Barbara xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete