Saturday, September 17, 2011



A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.


Today I love:
     
      Chilly weather – all day
      Adding a member to the fam
      Having Fall cleaning almost finished
      Reading
      Friends, friends, friends – thank you thank you
      Hummingbirds
     
     

Tid bits from the homefront:
Everyone has been telling me that I really should open my heart to a dog who needs rescued. Wasn’t ready – wasn’t ready … and then yesterday, Ryan, Jacob and I went to the animal shelter [where Ryan found his beautiful dog, Bristol]. I told them I was not sure if I could even talk with the dogs. But, there she was. A 7- month old black lab. Calm, sweet, strong eyes, and in need of a home. Still not certain if my heart was ready – we came home. Couldn’t stop thinking about her – some may think I’m nuts [and I am happily so], but I’m certain Sam was pushing me. So, back we went before the shelter closed. They will take her to the animal hospital Tuesday to be neutered, and I can pick her up on Wednesday … I am changing her name to Dodge. I decided last week, that if/when I did adopt a new pet, their name would have to be Dodge. The past couple of years have been filled with crazy, and I figure a dog will have to learn quickly how to dodge many things to stay alive and vibrant … maybe

I am so grateful for all of the love and support I have had heaped on me recently … with the loss of Sam, and the adoption of Dodge … couldn’t have done it without all of you … thank you thank you.

Gardening:
It amazes me how quickly things change … the temperature drops 20 degrees and all of the gardens start looking sad. I am starting to move a few plants inside. I think we will have more warm weather to come – Taylor and Caleb want to swim and get some sun. I was excited this morning to see one new yellow rose on the bush – yeah.


" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."
- Arabian Proverb

Enjoy each moment …
Until tomorrow xo♥  


No comments:

Post a Comment