Wednesday, September 7, 2011



It takes no effort to love.
The state has its own innate joy.
- Deepak Chopra

           
Tid bits from the homefront:
I guess I continue to be at a loss for words – which is so strange for me. I am feeling a bit better – though the loneliness without Sam is pretty uncomfortable. Working at the Learning Center has helped so much. There is no way one could remain sad or feeling the loss – when surrounded by all of the little, smiling darlings. So grateful.
Gardening:
Fall garden ‘stuff’ is starting to sprout … beans, lettuce, spinach, radishes … not seeing the cauliflower or beets yet …  I am sure they are not far behind.



Sam has a lovely resting place … candle burning 24-7 … how I miss him.

To laugh often and much
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends
To leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch or a redeemed social condition
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived
That is to have succeeded
         -Unknown
Enjoy each moment …
Until tomorrow xo♥  


2 comments:

  1. Pattie, that poem is perfect for so many reasons. I just want to succeed. Not sure what it is that I will succeed in, but I know I will. Thank you for being there for me and for always keeping a patient heart with me. Love you sooooo much, xoxo

    Sam's place in our hearts will never fade. He was such a wonderful friend and for you a true companion. He will truly be missed by many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet - you are succeeding right now - each and everyday ... thank you for being there for me - couldn't have made it without you xxxoo

    ReplyDelete