Monday, September 5, 2011

another monday



As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well used brings happy death.                  
                                    ~Leonardo da Vinci

Things I love today …
            Hummingbirds
            Cooler weather
            Breathing
           
Tid bits from the homefront:
I have had a devastating loss this week. My lovely, Sam, my heart and my best friend, passed away … at 3 ½ years old. He was intrigued with the horses in the pasture, though I never imagined he would get so close as to get kicked. I have not been able to blog this week … crying is just about all I have managed. I worry the small children at the learning center will be afraid of me – my eyes look horrendous and sadness clearly envelopes me. I look like I was the one who was kicked by the horse … in my heart, I surely was.
Today feels a bit better – breathing is coming easier, Sam’s spirit is all around me, and his body has been planted at the end of the vegetable garden … his favorite peeing spot. Lewis, Karma and I have been in such a state of shock.
I am so blessed to have so many beautiful friends … all of whom have been here for me every minute … even those who are physically far away, reminding me of all that Sam was to so many. Calls, cards, texts, visits … amazing … thank you, thank you. It is amazing to think of a dog who has touched so many lives during his short visit here on earth.

Babbling:
Not too much to babble about today – I’ll get back to that, I am sure … 
I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend … xo

To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die. 
                    -Thomas Campbell
Until tomorrow … xo

4 comments:

  1. Patty,

    I am so sorry for your loss! I truly can empathize with you as I've lost a few beloved dogs over the years. I know it feels like losing a part of your family.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Pattie, I am so sorry! I just saw this! I can't even begin to imagin your sadness. Sam was such a sweetheart. You were so lucky to have found each other. I love you, love you, love you! So much. Sending all of the healing energy and love that I have your way. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks aim - it has been unbearable ... i love you xxoo

    ReplyDelete