Monday, April 23, 2012

another perfect monday



Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
James Baldwin

Another beautiful Monday.

As you know, I love Mondays. New week – new ideas - new energy.
I can't believe it has been a week since I posted here ... so busy lately - all good busy, but busy just the same. 
 I am feeling quite accomplished here lately … though am really ready for a vacation. After the person comes from the state education department to accredit the school on the 26th, I will relax more. We have working hard to create our newly joining of schools. It is always stressful when government agencies come [like it or not, they are in charge], even though I know [or think] everything is in order. You would think after doing this for so many years, it would get easier – still makes me very nervous. Health Department came last week – we got an A rating. Should ease my anxiousness – but, until it is all said and done … send good energy, please … 

Here is a rug I am making for the classroom – loving it so far – about ½ way finished.



On the homefront, things are looking great. Plants are all in the ground [planning for no more serious frosts] and seeming to like their new spaces … looking forward to veggies galore soon.  Here are a few photos – can’t really see too much [except all of the spearmint running wild]. I am leaving the spearmint – think it may help with bugs – and if not, it smells so nice.




A thought: After working with younger children during this school year, for the first time in many years, I find myself often shaking my head [that is a real understatement]. Little children are sponges – they learn most of what they learn from what they see and hear. I’d like to see people stop and pay more attention to that. They copy us … the way we speak, the way we respect others, the way we take care of ourselves and the planet. We are all teachers – and little ones follow our lead.

My little guys


I hope everyone is having a beautiful start to a wonderful week.
Until tomorrow xo

In learning to know other things, and other minds,                    we become more intimately acquainted with ourselves, and are to ourselves better worth knowing.
Philip Gilbert Hamilton

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo of you the little ones. Love it! love, taylor

    ReplyDelete