Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday ... my favorite day



March 12, 2012
A society grows great when old men plant trees
whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

When the time change happens, my inside clock usually takes awhile to catch up. This morning, instead of waking at five, I woke at four … I think my inside clock is majorly overcompensating here …  I’ve only recently become a morning person – and four a.m. is a bit ridiculous … 

After working with the lovely teachers and beauteous children at The Lake Norman Learning Center since September, together we have decided for Academic Illumination Day School and The Lake Norman Learning Center to join together on a journey to offer a nurturing academic/life environment to children/families of pre-school age students through grade five. I am so excited. 

The first ‘thing’ that I knew needed to be placed on the wall of my new classroom is a sign I have had hanging in my classrooms since 1987 … I am thinking of reproducing it … I would love to see it hanging everywhere.



This weekend was a very productive and fun one. The weather was so perfect I was filled with energy to get yard stuff accomplished. Painted, planted, and spruced things up a bit … can’t wait to see everything blooming soon. Brad lit the fire pit – so, the Christmas tree is finally gone. I was getting tired of seeing it out there – though am a tad [more than a tad] nervous of firing up the pit myself. Beautiful Fire.
And the pups seemed to enjoy the refreshed patio today ...
 


I have been following a blog written by an amazing woman [I do not personally know her – though feel as though I do] … honest, raw, real, inspirational …

One more cool thing to share - if you haven't checked out kindovermatter.com, please do - coolest things they do ... 

 
I’m so excited with the prospect of Spring arriving soon, I am having an Open House/Winter wearable art sale – Sunday, March 18th  2-4 pm at my home. Fifty percent off all winter wearable art … and beautiful earrings, cluster necklaces, and more … I look forward to seeing everyone.

I hope everyone had a great weekend … I loved spending the evening with Angie …
Until tomorrow xo

Please be what you want the world to be …

No comments:

Post a Comment