Monday, March 5, 2012

I love Mondays



“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”   Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, it is still pretty cold for my taste, though we have had a good winter so far – not too many days when I felt like screaming [I’m such a cold weather wimp] – and during the past week I have felt spring in the air. I’m emerging from my winter ‘hermitness’ and getting ready for planting season. Pulling and killing weeds – preparing the gardens – hoping the semi-warm weather continues. Rather than using yucky poisons, try straight white vinegar [in a spray bottle] for weeds – it is working really well for me.

Three types of tomato seeds are in their little pots – and the rest of my seeds are ready for sprouting. I am excited to have my yard/gardens filled with beauty again. 


A few fun signs of spring … even my fish are jumping around, looking for food and attention …



My friend, Max, sent me this photo – a very cool way to grow herbs … I am definitely going to try this – I think lettuce and spinach may grow nicely in 2-liter bottles … I’ll share the process and let you know how it is going. Only problem – I don’t drink soda – need to start collecting bottles from friends, I guess …

I’ve spent quite a few months staying away from the news. Must admit that my spirit feels much better without all of the negative stuff; though my love for politics has me back watching a bit again. Someone sent this to me – quite awhile ago – thought it was worth sharing … 

Better get ready for work. Hoping to continue getting up early in the morning … and writing/blogging before work.
Have a great day!
Until tomorrow xo

“Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”   Albert Schweitzer


No comments:

Post a Comment