Wednesday, August 10, 2011

wonder-filled wednesday


When nothing is sure, everything is possible.
MARGARET DRABBLE
Today I love …
        reading
          morning walks
          hanging with Angie
          creating
          back yard fire pits
          the return of my stray cat, Hope
          lovely friends
          laughter and splashing
          making memories
         
Tid bits from the homefront:
Yikes. I can’t believe it is already August 10th.
Happy Birthday, Leisa – yesterday …
Summer is flying by.
This morning the temperature was only 86 degrees. Felt like sweater weather.

The past couple of weeks have been filled with [fun] busy. So many things accomplished … I was pretty impressed with myself as I looked over my ‘must do this summer’ list and most things had been crossed off. The no smoking thing was the greatest. Yeah. Working with Zack helping him in the job search and getting himself organized to live away from his parents in an apartment, has been an enjoyable challenge. He seems to be ready …

Working with Holden is always a delightful challenge … this week we are having much fun working mostly on social ‘stuff’. We met lots of cool people today in the post office, restaurant, bridal store, grocery store. He interacted so well – I am so proud with him.

Creating inside with the cold air blowing has been lovely. I will have new rings and earrings in my etsy shop tomorrow … please check them out.
I really need to get sales up … thanks thanks thanks



Last night was so much fun. Friends – Swimming – Dinner – Fun. We had a great fire in the fire pit. The kids loved roasting their hot dogs and then later … s’mores’ … an evening filled with much love, laughter, and memories.


 


Garden fun:
It has been too hot to do much work in yard/garden – so I am looking forward to cooler mornings – much weeding needs to happen.  My first cucumbers were delicious. Can’t wait for the next. The tomato plants seem to be slowing down … hoping to get the new ones to burst with many tomatoes in the next few weeks. I am counting on tomatoes through September. It has been such fun growing food and not purchasing any veggies at the store. It is great that I love spaghetti squash … they are growing like crazy. By the end of next week, I will [weather permitting] begin getting the ground ready for the fall garden. I am excited for potatoes, beets, more radishes, different squash, cauliflower and spinach [again].

If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
VINCENT VAN GOGH
Until tomorrow xo
Be what you want the world to be








No comments:

Post a Comment