Sunday, February 9, 2014

I love Mondays




I enjoyed a lovely lunch with two beautiful friends yesterday … and then fought the craziness at Walmart. I try to keep my Walmart visits to a minimum, though when I have much to get, it seems to be the best place to go.

I recently began seeing a nutritionist; trying to get this 60 year old body in perfect shape. Today I begin my new meal plan. I am pretty excited about it. Eating isn’t one of my favorite things to do, so easing into adding calories each day is a challenge – one I have enjoyed during the past week. The goal is to gain 15 pounds in three months, while beginning a new exercise program. Gained two pounds last week … I’m going to do this!

I love these Queenism thoughts that I receive each day.



The new year has already been filled with much new … improving the quality of my life, in every way.

A bittersweet piece is that after the end of this school year I will no longer be joined with The Lake Norman Learning Center. The interest in growing from preschool to elementary school in the same space has not worked as we hoped/anticipated. For as much as I love what I do each day, I have been working way too much;  leaving little time to revel in other aspects of my life.

After speaking with many of our families – I am moved to tears [over and over again] with the love and support. Thank you all for being you!

Today I am not certain of my next life step in regard to work. Academic Illumination Day School may move to a new location and offer programs for elementary school,  wilderness camps, tutoring/enrichment, adult classes [computer science, jewelry making, and more]; or I may decide to work in another school environment – or a new career beginning??? I have given myself eight weeks to make this life-changing decision.
The weather this weekend has been gorgeous. Out working in the back yard, preparing for summer camp – listening to Leon Russell …  came in to hear that by Wednesday we will have snow yet again – yikes … I am so ready for Spring.


Until tomorrow xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment